Kirkwood residents interested in meeting some of this year's St. Louis Rams rookie players will be able to do so Friday at beloved Kirkwood landmarks.
The players, who will be divided into four groups, will be leaving from their training center in Earth City at 11:30 a.m. to tour some of the area's most notable attractions. Each group will visit the location in the order listed below. The tour will end at 1:30 p.m. at each group's final destination. Here are the groups and their stops:
- Goody Goody Diner – 5900 Natural Bridge Avenue
- Citygarden – 801 Market Street
- Crown Candy Kitchen – 1401 St. Louis Avenue
- – 10935 Manchester Road
- – 516 South Kirkwood Road
- – at Taylor and Argonne
- – 6504 Delmar Boulevard
- St. Louis Zoo – 1 Government Drive
- The Cup – 28 Maryland Plaza
- Blues City Deli – 2438 McNair
- Grant’s Farm – 10501 Gravois Road
- Ted Drew’s – 6726 Chippewa Street
The Rams began “Rookie Week” in 2009 as a way to introduce the rookies to the St. Louis area by taking part in a variety of activities including hosting a youth football camp, participating in a charitable bowling event and visiting Joplin to build homes with Habitat for Humanity. Rookie Week will conclude on Saturday with the .