Welcome back, Patch Blogger!
Laura on Patch
- My plan for my patch.com column is to report on food, drink, dining, kitchen and eating trends in the Kirkwood-Webster area. I may occasionally throw in a piece about my life if it seems relevant or if I just feel like venting.
- I'm a mom above all else, a writer, a reader, a traveler and a professional volunteer.
- I have a BA in communications from American University in Washington, D.C. and a Masters in Library Science from the U. of Maryland. I was a law librarian in DC and loved it, nerdy as that may sound to many of you.
- I was born and raised in the suburbs of Manhattan by parents born and raised in Manhattan. I'm the youngest of 5 in a loud, loving family so I can be a brat, and a loud one.
- I can do a hell of a NY accent when needed, and sometimes it's needed. And as a good NY Italian girl, I not only know how to properly pronounce sfogliatella I know where to buy a good one - ask me.
- I've lived in NY, DC, Dallas and now Kirkwood for the last 8 years. These are all wonderful places to live and to visit, even if each one thinks they are the best above all else.
- I love to eat just about anything except bugs and Provel cheese, this may cause a controversy with some of my columns.
- I have been published by the West County Suburban Journals, Sauce Magazine, St. Louis Kids Magazine and Natural Bridge Literary Journal. Some day I will publish the great American novel, or at least a mediocre American novel, as long as I get published.
- I walked the St. Louis Half Marathon 2 years ago, in the cold rain, that was a long walk.
- If you see me around town, eating, shopping, walking, volunteering at Kirkwood High, please stop me and say hello and tell me all about your favorite places to eat. I'm always looking for the next great food column.